Wednesday, January 9, 2013

p90x experience day one

I got p90x for Christmas and I am so excited. I have been wanting to try it for a long time now and even did a blog post on it for BeachBody not to long ago. Yesterday was my first day and it was intense. I plan on doing my measurements and taking pics sometime this week. I did not do the fit test but maybe I will try to sometime this week if I can. The only thing on their fit test I know I can't do is the pull ups. I never really do push-ups or pull ups so it was challenging.

I felt really good after the first workout which was chest and back followed by ab ripper. When I woke up to get my daughter off to school today I was surprised that I felt no pain at all. I really expected to be in pain because after the workout I really felt spent. Well by this afternoon I started to feel the pain. It pretty much rocked my entire body.

I was happy to feel the pain. No pain No gain!

I am following the nutrition plan book that came with the program. I landed in the level 1 1800 calories a day group. I read over some of their recipes but some of them were just too fancy for me. I also cannot eat peppers, green, red, or other. I also cannot eat garlic as much as I like it, it hates me. Eating these things gives me a bad belly ache and I just feel horrible the rest of the night. I have so far really enjoyed the changes to my diet and feel great!

Here is what I ate yesterday:

I woke up late so lunch/breakfast was a chicken salad made with romaine lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, feta cheese, and yogurt ranch. I also had a cup of strawberries.

My snack was a string cheese.

For dinner I had rotisserie chicken, 1 cup of wild rice, and veggies.
 
I have to work out in the evenings because hubby works late so after workout I had a protein bar and shake.
 
Because I missed breakfast I ate a light and fit yogurt for snack later that evening.

I must say I felt full all day. I normally eat dinner around 4pm but was not hungry so waited until 6pm. I feel great other than I am really sore which that will be less and less the more I do the program. The workouts have been very challenging and I like the change and newness of it.

I will keep you posted on everything as I do this program. I will try to post as often as I can.

5 comments:

  1. Appreciating the time and energy you put into your website and detailed information you provide.
    It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed
    information. Wonderful read! I've saved your site and I'm including your
    RSS feeds to my Google account.


    whey protein

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend wants to buy phentermine and try p90x. I'm looking forward to results, 'cause he wants to lose 100 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your healthy recipes. Physical exercise as well as eating healthy foods such as vegetables and fruits are one of the most effective ways to loose weight and stay fit. Some people are using supplements to loose weight but you should ensure that you are using the safe and effective products to prevent health problems.


    fenugreek testosterone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading my blog. I have completed the program and can say it is not for the faint of heart. It is very challenging and defiantly an advanced program. If your friend has 100 lbs to lose I would suggest he try a less advanced program first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is incredible - you did an amazing job!!! We all know that nutrition and diet are huge factors in Building muscle. Almost all bodybuilders would agree that nutrition is even more important than getting to the Exercise Programs. - Fitness Programs Review.

    ReplyDelete